Patchwork Gardens is currently seeking help with the day-to-day operations of the farm. We prefer candidates who are able to work full time (40-60 hours/week) and willing to stay with us for the length of the growing season (May-October). The right person could also have the opportunity to become a long-term partner in the farm.
Applicants will be required to visit the farm for a working interview.
- Starting plants from seed and transplanting seedlings into the garden
- Preparation and maintenance of garden including tilling, broadforking, spreading manure, watering, weeding and mulching
- Harvesting, cleaning, packing, and delivering produce for our CSA, wholesale customers, and farmers markets
- Sharing in responsibility of feeding, watering, and other care of chickens
- Providing assistance with construction projects and maintenance of farm infrastructure
- Knowledge of and experience with growing vegetables without added chemicals
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Attention to detail and efficiency
- Creativity and love for a sustainable lifestyle
- Meals including fresh produce from the farm
- Housing in the renovated loft of our reconstructed 100+ year old barn in outdoor campsites.
- All the sunshine and fresh air the gods will provide
Please direct your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 835-5807